Mastronarde Answer Key (1st Edition, out of print) + link

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
akhnaten
Textkit Neophyte

Mastronarde Answer Key (1st Edition, out of print) + link

Post by akhnaten »

I purchased an answer key for the first edition of Mastronarde's Introduction to Attic Greek. This key is from the old, out-of-print edition of the book. The answer key for the first edition is also out of print, and prices are rising on extant copies. I paid more for the key than the textbook.
If anyone else is going through this book, leave a note and I can (eventually) scan the thing--give me a week or so after the initial request. I have no real qualms posting a key that Mastronarde says on his website will not be printed again. Please note, there are errors in the answer key (as well as the textbook)--those found before the publication of the second edition are available on Mastronarde's site as PDFs; I will either add to the scan as errata, or will link separately.

If you want this key and much time has gone by since my initial post, you may have better luck PMing me (esp. if I have not been active on forum--years have gone by in the past).

akhnaten
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Mastronarde Answer Key (1st Edition, out of print) + lin

Post by akhnaten »

Has been a request for the key via PM. I have added two appendices: Mastronarde's corrections to both the first edition of the textbook (all editions), and changes to the answer key (all editions).

https://www.sendspace.com/file/57fhf1
My scan, cropped and everything. Looks like all diacritical marks are legible.

[Although under copyright, this book will not be put in print again. used copies of this key start at over 50 on amazon, and it seems a shame. If this material should not be posted on this site, I can delete the link.]

Sofronios
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Mastronarde Answer Key (1st Edition, out of print) + lin

Post by Sofronios »

just found your thread!
this is what Im searching for all around the net!
thank you for your kindness and generosity
Really appreciated it

I've just beginning white's FGB and
another modernly-written primer will without doubt facilitate greatly

χάρις ὑμῖν καί εἰρήνη

Σωφρόνιος
ὁ δὲ εἶπε· πῶς γὰρ ἂν δυναίμην, ἐὰν μή τις ὁδηγήσῃ με;
Qui ait : Et quomodo possum, si non aliquis ostenderit mihi ?