Key to Crosby?

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Key to Crosby?

Post by jeidsath »

There used to be an answer key to Crosby online, but the links are all dead. Does anybody have a copy?

A digital copy of the textbook itself is available here:

http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=u ... =1up;seq=7

It's my favorite traditional textbook. I tried going through it early last year, but I felt that there wasn't enough reading / input practice, and I spent too much time in analysis of Greek compared to reading Greek. This year, the compactness is one of its greatest virtues. I do all of the exercises out loud, and I feel like I'm getting a lot out of it. More exercises would still be nice, but that would probably detract time from reading of real Greek.

Access to the key would be a great help. Please let me know if you have a digital copy.

The following Yahoo group has all of the answers, but scattered over a number of separate files: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Crosby/info
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

Scribo
Global Moderator

Re: Key to Crosby?

Post by Scribo »

Are you talking about the MS Onedrive collection? is that dead? (I've long lost the link). If so, damn. I believe it had Crosby (and some useful keys like the one to verse comp). That said there's a good chance someone from around here caught it or has a copy.
(Occasionally) Working on the following tutorials:

(P)Aristotle, Theophrastus and Peripatetic Greek
Intro Greek Poetry
Latin Historical Prose

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

Yes. The link I found to it was here.

And this is the dead Onedrive link.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

Another Textkit user graciously sent the Crosby Teacher's Manual to me. PM me if you'd like the file.

The Teacher's Manual turns out to be more of an actual Teaching Manual than an answer key. The files in the Crosby Yahoo group will be of more use to anyone looking to check their work.

That said, the information in the manual is wise and very interesting.

Scribo
Global Moderator

Post by Scribo »

The link might be the correct one. It's hard to tell because the box is offline. There used to be a big account with several different keys on there. I've checked both my current computers and can't find any of the files. Sorry. Maybe someone else will come along.

Ed: nvm.
(Occasionally) Working on the following tutorials:

(P)Aristotle, Theophrastus and Peripatetic Greek
Intro Greek Poetry
Latin Historical Prose