Study group for Ecce Romani I?

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
chelseastolt
Textkit Neophyte

Study group for Ecce Romani I?

Post by chelseastolt »

Hello,

I'm planning to start Latin again from scratch using Ecce Romani. I took Latin a very long time ago but didn't retain much, and therefore would like to form a study group self-teaching the first book again. Is anyone doing something similar?

Thanks!

- Chelsea

Logomachist
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Study group for Ecce Romani I?

Post by Logomachist »

Do you still want to do this?

I took Latin ages ago and, while I was never very good at it, I enjoyed it. Now that I have a lot of time on my hands I thought I would go back and self-study it. So I'm *interested*, but I don't know can't say how long I would be able to keep up with it... that aforementioned "time on my hands" would dissipate if I get an internship I want.

I'm willing to start with you but I can't commit for the long haul.

Never heard of Ecce Romani though. Is there an ebook version?

theblackcrayon
Textkit Neophyte

Post by theblackcrayon »

Never heard of Ecce Romani though. Is there an ebook version?
`
Unfortunately there is not currently an ebook version of Ecce Romani. It is the book series I learned with in high school. It is a series of three hardback books. There are paperback versions available that break up each of the hardbacks into two volumes. It is an OK series, but I would not recommend it as your primary Latin resource. The story is relatively interesting until the characters get their cart stuck in a ditch and stay there for several chapters.

Logomachist
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Logomachist »

It is an OK series, but I would not recommend it as your primary Latin resource.
Not a problem... It so happens that I already got a copy of the Latin text I used in high school.

The story is relatively interesting until the characters get their cart stuck in a ditch and stay there for several chapters.
lol.