Need Help Translating My Bachelor Thesis Annotation

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
bioluminescence
Textkit Neophyte

Need Help Translating My Bachelor Thesis Annotation

Post by bioluminescence »

Hello!

In the name of good old times I would really like to add an annotation in Latin to my bachelor thesis.
As I study engineering, it might be quite a tricky task, but I would be eternally grateful if someone could translate this to Latin:
Annotation
This bachelor thesis examines the working principles of smart antennas and their uses in modern communication and sensing systems. An overview is given of the underlying principles of classical electrodynamics and antenna theory. As a proof of concept a 4-element linear antenna array was built and its parametres measured and compared to theoretical model.

The bachelor thesis consists of 1 pages, 2 images, 3 tables, 4 formulas and 5 sources.
Thank you very much in advance,
JS

bioluminescence
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Need Help Translating My Bachelor Thesis Annotation

Best effort from Google Translate :? :
ANNOTATIO
Hoc opus caelibem principiis ad conclusionem examines dolor in usus eorum antennas et communicationis nostrae aetatis propria sentientia et systems. An Overview data est de computers de Classical rationem ordinationemque antennce et doctrina. Per probationem conceptu est, ut elementum lineare IV-antenna ordinata erat aedificata fuerit et quod metiri Paramètres comparari theoretical exemplar.
Quod est propositum caelibem I pages, imagines II, tables III, IV et V fontes formulae.

Nesrad
Textkit Fan

Post by Nesrad »

Yep looks good enough to me. There are a few slightly questionable choices made by Google, but the people reading your paper aren't likely to make a fuss.

Si miramini me tale consilium dedisse mementote me troglodytam interretialem interdum esse :)

bioluminescence
Textkit Neophyte

What should I correct in Google's version to not look like a complete barbarian? :D

I guess, "Overview" and "Classical", for starters?to make a fuss.

Nesrad
Textkit Fan

Post by Nesrad »

In modern Latin there are some loanwords, so don't fret... You could always latinize the words: Overviewum and Classicalis, for example.

mwh
Textkit Zealot

Post by mwh »

Nesrad is makng fun. The Google version is completely unintelligible, not Latin at all. Autotranslation programs have a way to go before they can handle a language like Latin. But his point is really that it’s silly to use a language neither you nor your potential readers understand.

bioluminescence
Textkit Neophyte

That's what I thought.

I have a rudimentary knowledge of Latin since I had to take a course back when I was majoring in biology. Obviously, not enough to translate this annotation.

But I don't think it is silly at all. I wish people were more helpful.

Nesrad
Textkit Fan

Post by Nesrad »

I wouldn't have let you use it...

This would take considerable work to translate, especially to find equivalents of so many modern terms. I suggest trying your luck on reddit.com/r/latin, but remember you get what you pay for.