New Member !

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Paulo
Textkit Neophyte

New Member !

Post by Paulo »

salvetes omnes!

Hello, my name is Paul. I'm 18 (soon 19) and from Indiana.

I've had no formal education trying to learn Latin, but I have been interested in it for a while and only recently trying to learn it, and I just found this forum today!

After reading Julius Caesar in High School for an English class, I was interested in Ancient Rome, and then by extent, Latin. I also have a hobby of games, and games like Rome 1/2 add fuel to fire of my interest in the history and language. Another thing that leads me to my interest, or perhaps I became interested in it from my other influences, is the fictional books of Warhammer 40,000 , which has Roman/Latin influences in it.

Right now I am trying stuff out like Rosetta Stone and whatever websites I can find to try to learn Latin and also find good example texts (But all I can find that frustrated me was Lorem Ipsum, or generated filler for empty web pages) such as pdf books in the original Latin.

I have tried other languages in the past that are much alive such as Russian (which almost the entirety of half my family overseas speaks), and Spanish which I had in High School, but was disinterested at the time so I did not pass or learn much. I have an interest in Latin that has been renewed over and over from the what I continue to learn, and I hope for myself I stick to it, and I hope to enjoy going onto your boards! Thank you

- (I was surprised "Paulo" wasn't already taken as it is the Latin version of Paul!)

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: New Member !

Post by bedwere »

Welcome, Paul. Your name in Latin is Paulus (nominative case). "Paulo" is the dative or the ablative.

Paulo
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Paulo »

bedwere wrote:Welcome, Paul. Your name in Latin is Paulus (nominative case). "Paulo" is the dative or the ablative.
Oh, thanks! In that case could my username be changed if available ?

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Paulo wrote:
bedwere wrote:Welcome, Paul. Your name in Latin is Paulus (nominative case). "Paulo" is the dative or the ablative.
Oh, thanks! In that case could my username be changed if available ?
Send a PM to administrator daivid and see what he says.

rothbard
Textkit Neophyte

Post by rothbard »

Welcome!