Perseus under Philologic - frequency searching

Here you can discuss all things Ancient Greek. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Greek, and more.
seanjonesbw
Textkit Enthusiast

Perseus under Philologic - frequency searching

Post by seanjonesbw »

I know there are folk on here who know their way around a line of code. I'd really appreciate some help.

I've been playing around with the Philologic frequency tool, and I've noticed a couple of limitations to the functionality that I'm wondering if there's a way around. Is there any way to query and return the logeion English short definition in the same table (they clearly have the short definitions stored locally because you can get them in the little pop-ups on the normal search)?

Also, is there any way to search for hapaxes? If you enter 'more than 0' as the minimum frequency and 'fewer than 2' as the maximum it doesn't return any results. In fact, if you enter >0 as the minimum with any upper limit it doesn't return any results. I'd understand if the impulse was to stop you returning every word in the corpus in a search, but they allow some pretty huge sets of results with a minimum frequency of >1.