unit one - corrections to the PDF

Are you learning Latin with Latin: An Intensive Course by Moreland and Fleischer? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback.
Cyborg
Textkit Member

unit one - corrections to the PDF

Post by Cyborg »

I just got my M&F copy and am very excited with it.
I just finished all exercises from unit one in this night, and noticed some differences between my work and the one available as PDF here.

These are what I think to be corrections to the PDF:
drill.i.11 - did you used to scare the crowd? I did not.
drill.ii.b.3 - féminárum
drill.ii.b.8 - timébant
preliminary-ex.ii.b.5 - sunt
exercises.ii.6 - féminas in patriá uidére optámus. (as is exercises.i.21)
exercises.ii.7 - timébat (short vowel before final m, t, nt).
exercises.ii.7 - nauta erat poéta, as in pp.26 (fémina est régína - the woman is a queen).

I use a font in which a vowel with an accute mark is mapped to have a macron on it, so á, é, í, ó, ú represent long vowels here.

Cyborg
Textkit Member

Post by Cyborg »

those above were for unit one.
here it is for unit two:

exercises.i.13 - I neither agreed with the poet nor had i desired to change his opinion on the nature of soul. (his, not mine)
exercises.i.27 - life gave nothing to the queen except for glory and fame. (lapsus calami)
exercises.ii.3 - sí tacébis, labórábó. (the long vowels are the last three in "laborabo")
exercises.ii.4 - poétás ex ínsulá pepulerátis. ("pepulistis" would be "drove")
exercises.ii.5 - áram lacrimís impléuistis. (i don't think "cum" should be used, but nevertheless "lacrima" should be ablative plural)

I'm not saying I have all the reason in my corrections. I'm open to discussions, and I'm just trying to help keeping the PDF's ok.