various editions of M + F

Are you learning Latin with Latin: An Intensive Course by Moreland and Fleischer? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback.
arslongus
Textkit Neophyte

various editions of M + F

Post by arslongus »

Salvete omnes:

I am wondering about the (two?) editions of the book. The first edition (1974, ISBN 0520027477) seems pretty pricey, as used copies appear to be going for $98.01 on Amazon. I assume it is out of print. The 1977 edition (ISBN 0520031830) is far cheaper at $14. Are there vast differences between the editions, and is one preferred to the other by most on the list?

Deses
Textkit Fan

Re: various editions of M + F

Post by Deses »

arslongus wrote:Salvete omnes:

I am wondering about the (two?) editions of the book. The first edition (1974, ISBN 0520027477) seems pretty pricey, as used copies appear to be going for $98.01 on Amazon. I assume it is out of print. The 1977 edition (ISBN 0520031830) is far cheaper at $14. Are there vast differences between the editions, and is one preferred to the other by most on the list?
On occasion prices go up without any particular reason. But you should have no problem with a more recent edition.

To my amazement, I found an audio version published in 2004:

Princeton, N.J. : Recording for the Blind & Dyslexic, 2004.
<a href="http://www.inrebus.com"> In Rebus: Latin quotes and phrases; Latin mottos; Windows interface for Latin Words </a>

arslongus
Textkit Neophyte

Re: various editions of M + F

Post by arslongus »

Deses wrote: On occasion prices go up without any particular reason. But you should have no problem with a more recent edition.
I actually found a 1974 edition for $6. If there is such clamoring for it, I could put it out on Amazon for a mere $50 or so, and then buy the second edition. :wink: