Can't download key to First Greek Book

Use this forum to organize a study group around a specific textbook. Before starting, you might wish to advertise your plan on other forums first.
Sandy
Textkit Neophyte

Can't download key to First Greek Book

Post by Sandy »

Does anyone know why I can't download the answer key to the First Greek Book, if I try clicking nothing happens and if I right click and download to disk it downloads as a php file and I don't know how to open that kind of file. Can someone help me?

Also what are the two cases listed in between the singular and plural cases in the paradigms in this book? You know the D.N.A.V. and the G.D.?

Thanks, Sandy

benissimus
Global Moderator

Post by benissimus »

If you left click, it is supposed to bring you to a sign-in page where you sign in with your email to show proof of subscription to the Textkit newsletter (you need to be signed up to access answer keys). If you aren't signed up then go ahead and do it so you can access the key. Right-clicking and saving would just save the sign-in webpage, not the answer key.
flebile nescio quid queritur lyra, flebile lingua murmurat exanimis, respondent flebile ripae

Sandy
Textkit Neophyte

It still is not working...I have a MAC but I was able to dow

Post by Sandy »

It still is not working...I have a MAC but I was able to download the book so I can't understand why I can't download the answer key. When I click on the link nothing happens.

Sandy

Jeff Tirey
Administrator

Post by Jeff Tirey »

Hi sandy,

sorry for the problems. This has been a bug for a small % of users. I'm going to re-write the subscribers area right now...

It should be done soon.

jeff
Textkit Founder

Bert
Textkit Zealot

Re: Can't download key to First Greek Book

Post by Bert »

Sandy wrote:

Also what are the two cases listed in between the singular and plural cases in the paradigms in this book? You know the D.N.A.V. and the G.D.?

Thanks, Sandy
The D stands for Dual. (It compares with S and P for singular and plural)
One set of endings are used for the (N)ominative, (A)ccusative and (V)ocative , and another set of endings for (G)enitive and (D)ative.

Sandy
Textkit Neophyte

thanks

Post by Sandy »

Thanks for the help....I still can't download the key but I now remember reading about this dual case in this chapter and the mystery is solved.

Thank you, Sandy

mingshey
Textkit Zealot

Post by mingshey »

The Key seems to be yet in progress. So it won't make great difference if you can't download it now. You'd better try your own and post your work with a request for help. ;)

danbek
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Can't download key to First Greek Book

Post by danbek »

An answer key (accuracy of which I cannot vouch for) is available on archive.org here:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160306012 ... k_key.html

It covers lessons 1 - 73 (out of 80). It looks like its author (Rusty Mason) was once active on TextKit.