White's Greek Book Key

Use this forum to organize a study group around a specific textbook. Before starting, you might wish to advertise your plan on other forums first.
simon_ingram
Textkit Neophyte

White's Greek Book Key

Post by simon_ingram »

Hi,

I'm just starting to learn Greek, and have just downloaded White's Greek Book. I tried to download the Key for it as well, but it's nothing like complete (well, the site does say it's a work in progress...). Does anyone have a complete copy of it?
Cheers,

Simon Ingram

kalowski
Textkit Neophyte

Post by kalowski »

You'll find lots of suggested answers in this forum and also here:

http://www.geocities.com/firstgreekbook/collations.html

I can't agree they're all right but you always get useful suggestions from people and discussions from other beginners like Carola and me.

Good luck!

I'm just up to Exercise 125 and really enjoying it

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

Yes, I don't think there ever was a full key (or at least no-one has been able to get their hands on one). If you need to check your translation you could perhaps also look at the answers of the old White group on this topic or the site that Kalowski suggested.

rustymason
Textkit Fan

JW White Key

Post by rustymason »

I've started a key:

http://www.rustymason.com/edu/lang/gree ... k_key.html

Loooong way to go, though.

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

Great work! I've had to devote more time to my university course Greek at the moment, but I'm hoping to get back into White eventually. I still use my very scruffy looking printed chapters of White as a reference as it is still a great textbook.