Reading Group -- London

Use this forum to organize a study group around a specific textbook. Before starting, you might wish to advertise your plan on other forums first.
Labqi
Textkit Neophyte

Reading Group -- London

Post by Labqi »

Hello everyone.

I have been learning Greek for about a year, and I would very much like to meet other learners, particularly to form a reading group. I suspect speaking classical Greek aloud would much help myself and many others; to that end, if there is anyone in London (UK), who would like to form a reading group for ancient greek (all levels), I guess here is the place to post!!

seneca2008
Textkit Zealot

Re: Reading Group -- London

Post by seneca2008 »

I wondered whether you got any response to your post? have you managed to find anyone to form a reading group with? Do you know about the summer courses at UCl and Kings?

https://www.ucl.ac.uk/classics/events/s ... oolinhomer

http://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/cla ... index.aspx

UCL is also offering an introduction to Hittite. KCL is offering Syriac, Coptic and Biblical Hebrew.
Persuade tibi hoc sic esse, ut scribo: quaedam tempora eripiuntur nobis, quaedam subducuntur, quaedam effluunt. Turpissima tamen est iactura, quae per neglegentiam fit. Et si volueris attendere, maxima pars vitae elabitur male agentibus, magna nihil agentibus, tota vita aliud agentibus.

daivid
Administrator

Re: Reading Group -- London

Post by daivid »

Labqi wrote:Hello everyone.

I have been learning Greek for about a year, and I would very much like to meet other learners, particularly to form a reading group. I suspect speaking classical Greek aloud would much help myself and many others; to that end, if there is anyone in London (UK), who would like to form a reading group for ancient greek (all levels), I guess here is the place to post!!
Hi, I live in London so I am very interested. Perhaps some simple conversation as well?
λονδον