Lingua Graeca per se Illustrata

Use this forum to organize a study group around a specific textbook. Before starting, you might wish to advertise your plan on other forums first.
bcdavasconcelos
Textkit Neophyte

Post by bcdavasconcelos »

https://sites.google.com/site/linguagra ... trata/home

I looked for references to this website on the forum, but couldn't find any. There are some interesting materials freely available. I don't know if it is a ongoing project. I surely hope it is.

A book from the same author was also published recently. It is called Dialogos:
http://www.culturaclasica.com/lingualat ... graeca.htm

I have not worked through the book yet, but from what I have seen the dialogue are pretty easy and simple (simpler than anything on the "lingua graeca per se" website) and the main focus is to increase vocabulary (plenty of vocabulary in it).
ζητοῦσι δ' ὅλως οὐ τὸ πάτριον ἀλλὰ τἀγαθὸν πάντες (Pol. II.8 1269a3)

Markos
Textkit Zealot

Re: Lingua Graeca per se Illustrata

Post by Markos »

τῷ Βερνάρδῷ τῷ δείξοντι ἡμῖν τοῦτον τὸν τόπον καὶ τοῦτο τὸ βιβλίον οὐκ ἐγὼ Μᾶρκος μόνος εὐχαριστῶ ἀλλὰ πάντες οἰ χρώμενοι τῇ τῆς τοῦ Ῥίκω Πόλεως μεθόδῳ. δεῖ γὰρ τὸν γλῶσσαν καινὴν μάθοντα πόλιν ἔχειν. χάριν οὖν πολλήν σοι μέν οἶδαμεν. τῷ δὲ Θεῷ εὐχαριστῶ. ἡτοίμασε γὰρ ἡμῖν πόλιν.
οὐ μανθάνω γράφειν, ἀλλὰ γράφω τοῦ μαθεῖν.

Achter2020
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Achter2020 »

A work in progress?

https://seumasjeltzz.github.io/LinguaeG ... llustrata/
LGPSI is an open-ended collaborative project to develop sets of graded reading that guide learners from the beginning to a reading proficiency in ancient Greek (initially Koine, eventually expanding into Attic, Homer, and Byzantine).

Collaborations, Corrections, Feedback, and Spin-offs all welcome.

Introduction to LGPSI

Κεφάλαιον τὸ πρῶτον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ δεύτερον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ τρίτον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ τέταρτον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ πέμπτον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ ἕκτον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ ἕβδομον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ ὄγδοον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ ἔνατον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ δέκατον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ ἑνδέκατον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ δωδέκατον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ τρίτον καὶ δέκατον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ τέταρτον καὶ δέκατον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ πέμπτον καὶ δέκατον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ ἕκτον καὶ δέκατον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ ἕβδομον καὶ δέκατον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ ὄγδοον καὶ δέκατον
Κεφάλαιον τὸ ἔνατον καὶ δέκατον

Piekarski
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Piekarski »

Yes, it's been an on-and-off of the author for years.

He said in a recent update he hope to work on LGPSI more in 2023.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/brief-progress-75506432

Hortensius
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Hortensius »

Are anyone interested in forming a study group and peruse MacDonalds' LGPSI-draft and/or the new Spanish LGPSI here in the summer months?

I am about to buy the Spanish version, but it would be most fun if we were a couple of folks meeting online to go through it.
Write to me here or on chvrangbaek(at)gmail.com then I’ll suggest a reading plan.
Corrige quod corrigendum est, quaeso!

jonathanw
Textkit Neophyte

Post by jonathanw »

Hortensius wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:50 am Are anyone interested in forming a study group and peruse MacDonalds' LGPSI-draft and/or the new Spanish LGPSI here in the summer months?

I am about to buy the Spanish version, but it would be most fun if we were a couple of folks meeting online to go through it.
Write to me here or on chvrangbaek(at)gmail.com then I’ll suggest a reading plan.
Yeah that sounds fun. I've done I think 9 chapters of Spanish LGPSI (but happy to redo them for solidifying), IMO it's starting to get less 'per se illustrata'. Before this chapter I could basically understand everything without searching up in the dictionary, but now I find myself searching all the time.

I've actually switched to making Athenaze my main for now because I'm taking MacDonald's class which is going well so far. But more Greek = good, so happy to do either Spanish or Macdonald LGPSI so long as the commitment isn't too great.

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

jonathanw wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:03 pm
Hortensius wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:50 am Are anyone interested in forming a study group and peruse MacDonalds' LGPSI-draft and/or the new Spanish LGPSI here in the summer months?

Yeah that sounds fun. I've done I think 9 chapters of Spanish LGPSI (but happy to redo them for solidifying), IMO it's starting to get less 'per se illustrata'. Before this chapter I could basically understand everything without searching up in the dictionary, but now I find myself searching all the time.

I've actually switched to making Athenaze my main for now because I'm taking MacDonald's class which is going well so far. But more Greek = good, so happy to do either Spanish or Macdonald LGPSI so long as the commitment isn't too great.
Did you guys end up working through this together?
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus

jonathanw
Textkit Neophyte

Post by jonathanw »

klewlis wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:08 am
jonathanw wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:03 pm

Did you guys end up working through this together?
No, although there's a discord server where people are working through that book together

klewlis
Global Moderator

Post by klewlis »

Oh! Do you know what it’s called? I’ve been doing it on my own and would love to find others to do it with.
First say to yourself what you would be; then do what you need to do. ~Epictetus