2019 Year of the Grammars

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

2019 Year of the Grammars

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

This blog post includes notice for the Cambridge grammar, but also an interview with Siebenthal about the English edition of his grammar:

https://tinyurl.com/tmcoubm
N.E. Barry Hofstetter

Cuncta mortalia incerta...

Hylander
Textkit Zealot

Re: 2019 Year of the Grammars

Post by Hylander »

From the linked blog:
There is no doubt that 2019 will be known for decades as the “Year of Greek Grammars” in the English-speaking world.
2019 will be remembered for many things -- most of them disastrous -- but I'm quite certain it won't be known for decades as the "Year of the Greek Grammars" in the English-speaking world or anywhere else.
Bill Walderman

Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Hylander wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:09 am From the linked blog:
There is no doubt that 2019 will be known for decades as the “Year of Greek Grammars” in the English-speaking world.
2019 will be remembered for many things -- most of them disastrous -- but I'm quite certain it won't be known for decades as the "Year of the Greek Grammars" in the English-speaking world or anywhere else.
Seriously? Lighten up Hy. I think the writer is being just a bit facetious in talking to people who have a serious interest in Greek grammars. For my family, 2019 will be remembered as "The Year Our Now 18 Year old Schnauzer Lived Another Year." It's a contextual thing... :lol:
N.E. Barry Hofstetter

Cuncta mortalia incerta...

Redhead
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Redhead »

Oh, I love you guys! Just moved a post to this part of the forum and discovered this thread in the process! I had completely missed Siebenthals grammar and that Porter hade edited Moulton anew! Awesome! :D