online NT Greek

Are you learning Koine Greek, the Greek of the New Testament and most other post-classical Greek texts? Whatever your level, use this forum to discuss all things Koine, Biblical or otherwise, including grammar, textbook talk, difficult passages, and more.
Montcombroux
Textkit Neophyte

online NT Greek

Post by Montcombroux »

An elderly friend and colleague asked me to help him find a good online and downloadable version of the NT. He is a scholar and would appreciate a critical version. My modest expertise is Attic Greek, therefore I am asking Textkit members for help.
My thanks in anticipation.
Michael

Montcombroux
Textkit Neophyte

Re: online NT Greek

Post by Montcombroux »

Two days and more than six score of views and no response! Did I ask the wrong question or was the answer to my request just too obvious?
Before making the original post I did an online search. Of the NT Greek versions I came up with none had what one might call critical apparatus. So I turned to this forum's Textkit experts.
Duh
Michael

Aetos
Textkit Zealot

Post by Aetos »

I'm certainly no expert, but searching through the catalogue of the Holy Cross bookstore (greek orthodox theological school), I eventually found the UBS5 Greek New Testament Readers Edition, but it's only published in print. I did find this:
https://www.amazon.com/Readers-Greek-Ne ... G6KFK51PKQ

There is a kindle version of this available. It has textual notes, which probably do not constitute a critical apparatus but that's the closest thing I could find. Normally, I'd go to Perseus, but it only offers the Greek NT in Greek and English versions. Perhaps there's something at archive.org, although I imagine the material would be somewhat dated.

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

What does he need it for? There are different versions with different qualities. SBLGNT is good. I mostly use an old W&H pdf. Or does he want more help inline?
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

I was also going to recommend the SBL text. Does he want the full critical apparatus? If so, I don't know if there is a free version which includes that.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter

Cuncta mortalia incerta...

Montcombroux
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Montcombroux »

Thank you all for your replies. I apologize for using mild sarcasm to provoke a response.

<What does he need it for?>
My friend is something of an authority on the writings of desert fathers and the life of the early monks of Scêtê and elsewhere in the upper Nile region. I believe he needs a more critical NT edition in order to closely define what made these hermit monks tick.

Perhaps the SBL version will meet his needs, and I thank you warmly for the suggestion. Most helpful.
Michael

Jean Putmans
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Jean Putmans »

I hope, i'm not too late, my registration was not yet completed.

Maybe these are, what you (your friend) wanted::

NA27 in Archive.org

https://ia800109.us.archive.org/18/item ... -Aland.pdf

At SCRIBD there is NA28, not free, but Critical and Downloadable:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3680039 ... ece-28-pdf

Regards,

Jean Putmans

Montcombroux
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Montcombroux »

Thank you, Jean, your suggestions are most helpful. These along with those provided by others will, I am sure, fully satisfy my friend's NT Greek needs..
I appreciate the help given by the scholarly members of this form.
Michael