Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp

This board is a composition workshop, like a writers' workshop: post your work with questions about style or vocabulary, comment on other people's work, post composition challenges on some topic or form, or just dazzle us with your inventive use of galliambics.
bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Aladdin and the Wonderful Lamp

Post by bedwere »

Image 27

Be careful, Amina, be careful!

Guzzzz!

Very, very gently, one finger at a time, princess Amina loosened the sleeping magician’s grip.

Cave, Amina, cave!

Sterto….

Quam levissime et secundum digitos Amina regina laxavit manum magi.

Εὐλαβοῦ, Ἀμίνη, εὐλαβοῦ.

Ῥέγχω….

Ὡς ἐλαφρότατα καὶ κατὰ δακτύλους Ἀμίνη ἡ βασίλισσα ἔλυσε τὴν τοῦ μάγου χεῖρα.

Here, Aladdin, take it!

At last she had it and their enemy slept on!

Ecce, Aladdin, accipe!

Postremo illa prehendit, inimicus autem perdormiscebat!

Ἰδού, Ἀλαντίν, λαβέ.

Τέλος ἐκείνη μὲν ἀντελάβετο, ὁ δ' ἐχθρὸς κατεκοιμᾶτο.

What shall I ask the genie first?

Now they were safe, they wondered just what to do! Should they dispose of the wicked magician or …?

Quid primum a genio poscam?

Nunc tuti nesciebant quidnam faciendum esset. Utrum magus scelestus dimittendus esset an... ?

Τί πρῶτον τὸν δαίμονα αἰτήσω;

Νῦν δ' ἀσφαλεῖς ὄντες οὐκ ἴσασιν ὅ, τι πρακτέον εἴη. Πότερον ὁ πονηρὸς μάγος ἀφετέος εἴη ἢ... ;

Ask him to put our palace back where it was before.

The princess thought for a moment, and then…

Posce eum reponere regiam ubi jam sita erat.

Regina autem paulisper cogitans ait…

Αἴτησον αὐτὸν ἀνατιθῆναι τὰ βασίλεια ὅπου ἤδη ἐκεῖτο.

Ἡ δὲ βασίλισσα ὀλίγον ἐνθυμηθεῖσα ἔφη...

Alas! (Choke!) My daughter!

Thousands of miles away, Aladdin’s father-in-law, the king, stood in his window gazing out across the city toward the vacant lot where Aladdin’s place had been.

Ηeu mihi! Angor! Filia mea!

Longe vero illinc distans, socer Aladdinis rex, stans ante fenestram spectabat agrum trans urbem desertum, ubi regia Aladdinis olim sita erat.

Οἴμοι. Πνίγομαι. Θύγατέρ μου.

Ἀπέχων δὴ ἐκεῖθεν μακράν, ὁ τοῦ Ἀλαντὶν πενθερός, ὁ βασιλεύς, ἑστὼς πρὸ τῆς θυρίδος ἐθεᾶτο τὸ ἐρῆμον πέρα τῆς πόλεως χωρίον, ὅπου τὰ τοῦ Ἀλαντίν βασίλεια πάλαι ἔκειτο.

Men and women stopped to stare at the empty space, where the marble walls and golden pillars had gleamed, only two days before.

Homines autem sistentes adspiciebant locum nudum ubi parietes marmoreæ et columnæ aureæ luxerant tertiam illam diem.

Οἱ δ' ἄνθρωποι παυσάμενοι ἔβλεπον τὸν ψιλὸν τόπον, ὅπου οἱ μαρμάρινοι τοῖχοι καὶ αἱ χρυσαῖ κίονες ἐπεφήνεσαν τρίτην ἡμέραν ἐκείνην.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Image 28

Boom

Suddenly lightning flashed and the palace of Aladdin appeared again as if it had never been moved.

FRAGOR

Subito fulsit fulgur, regia autem Aladdinis iterum apparuit, tamquam numquam mota esset.

ΒΡΟΜΟΣ

Ἐξαίφνης ἤστραψεν ἀστραπή, τὰ δὲ τοῦ Ἀλαντὶν βασίλεια πάλιν ἐφάνη, ὡσεὶ μήποτε ἐκινήθη.

I saw it! In that flash of light!

Staring in surprise, the king ordered his chief courtier to make certain…

Vidi eam! In fulgure!

Rex autem intuens et mirans jussit principem aulicum plane cognoscere...

Ἑώρακα αὐτά. Ἐν τῇ ἀστραπῇ.

Ὁ δὲ βασιλεὺς βλέπων καὶ θαυμάζων ἐκέλευσε τὸν Ἀρχιαυλικὸν σαφῶς γνῶναι...

No, get my horse! At once!

Then he changed his mind. He would go himself, as fast as a horse would take him across the city.

Immo affer equum meum! Statim!

Deinde mutavit consilium. Ipsum enim iturum quam citissime equo posset trans urbem vehi.

Μᾶλλον δ' ἔνεγκε τὸν ἐμὸν ἵππον. Αὐτίκα.

Εἶτα μετέβαλε τὴν γνώμην. Αὐτὸς γὰρ ἰέναι ὡς τάχιστα ἐφ' ἵππου δύναιτο περὰ τῆς πόλεως ὀχεῖσθαι.

Something has happened!

He raced through the streets which were alight with the torches and lanterns of people running in the same direction.

Aliquid factum est.

Et velociter vectus est per vias quæ lucernis concurrentium facibusque illuminabantur.

Γέγονέ τι.

Καὶ ταχέως ἤλαυνε διὰ τῶν ὁδῶν ὅσαι τοῖς τῶν συντρεχόντων λύχνοις τε καὶ λαμπάσιν ἐφοτίζοντο.

Amina, my daughter!

Father!

Reaching the palace of Aladdin, he made sure it was real by rushing upstairs..

Amina, filia mea!

Pater!

Et cum ad Aladdinis regiam pervenisset, cucurrit ascendens ut comperiret utrum ipsa vera esset.

Ἀμίνη, θύγατέρ μου.

Πάτερ.

Καὶ ἀφικόμενος ἐπὶ τὰ τοῦ Ἀλαντὶν βασίλεια, ἔδραμεν ἀναβαίνων ἵνα ἀνεύροι πότερον αὐτὰ ἀληθῆ εἴη.

You are safe and sound?

Oh yes! Everything is all right, now, father!

The king took Amina in his arms, fearing she might vanish again!

Nonne salva es?

Αdmodum. Nunc enim omnia bene se habent, pater.

Rex ergo recepit in ulnas Aminam, metuens ne illa iterum evanesceret.

Οὐχὶ σῶς εἶ;

Πάνυ γε. Νῦν γὰρ πάντα καλῶς ἔχει, πάτερ.

Ὁ οὖν βασιλεὺς ἔλαβεν ἐν ἀγκάλαις Ἀμίνην, φοβούμενος μὴ ἐκείνη αὖθις ἀφανισθείη.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Image 29

Ahgg-zzz

He’s to blame for our trouble!

And, before the king could turn upon Aladdin, the princess pointed to the sleeping magician, explaining what he had done.

Sterto...

Ipse in culpa est incommodi nostri!

Et priusquam rex se ad Aladdinem verteret, regina, indicans magum dormientem, narravit quæ ab eo facta essent.

Ῥέγχω...

Αὐτὸς αἴτιός ἐστι τῆς ἡμετέρας βλάβης.

Καὶ πρὶν τὸν βασιλέα πρὸς τὸν Ἀλαντὶν τραπῆναι, ἡ βασίλισσα, δείξασα τὸν καθεύδοντα μάγον, διηγήσατο τὰ ὑπ' αὐτοῦ πραχθεῖσα.

I’ll put an end to that scoundrel now!

The king was furious when he head the truth! He snatched a sword and was about to finish the magician…

Nunc occido istum furciferum!

Rex autem cum vera audivisset iratus est. Et evaginato gladio occisurus erat magum...

Νυνὶ ἀποκτείνω τοῦτον τὸν πονηρόν.

Ὁ δὲ βασιλεὺς τἀληθῆ ἀκούσας ὠργίσθη. Καὶ ξίφος σπασάμενος ἔμελλεν ἀποκτείνειν τὸν μάγον...

Stop! Your majesty!

...but Aladdin caught his arm! He told the king he had a better scheme for getting rid of their wicked enemy.

Siste, o rex!

...nisi Aladdin prehendisset lacertum ejus, regi dicens sibi melius consilium esse ad scelestum inimicum dimittendum.

Ἐπισχές, ὦ βασιλεῦ.

...εἰ μὴ ὁ Ἀλαντὶν ἐπελάβετο αὐτοῦ τοῦ βραχίονος, λέγων τῷ βασιλεῖ ὅτι ἀμείνω βούλην ἔχοι τοῦ τὸν πονηρὸν ἐχθρὸν ἀποπέμψαι.

What?

You will see!

Drawing the lamp from under his shirt, Aladdin held it in plain view..

Quid?

Videbis.

Aladdin autem extracta lucerna ex tunica, tenebat ostendens.

Τί;

Ὄψει.

Ὁ δ' Ἀλαντὶν σπασάμενος τὸ λυχνάριον ὑπὸ τοῦ χιτῶνος, εἶχε διαδεικνύς.

...and rubbed it with the magic ring on his other hand!

...fricuitque eam anulo in altera manu magico!

... καὶ ἔψησεν αὐτὸ τῷ μαγικῷ ἐν τῇ ἑτέρᾳ χειρὶ δακτυλίῳ.

We are here!

What are your commands?

Instantly both genii appeared and asked for his order.

Adsumus!

Quid præcipis?

Tum ambo genii apparentes rogaverunt quid ille præciperet.

Πάρεσμεν.

Τί ἐπιτάσσεις;

Αὐτόθι ἄμφω τὼ δαίμονε φανέντε ᾐτησάτην ὅ, τι ἐκεῖνος ἐπιτάξαι.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Image 30

Take this wicked magician…

Aladdin told them to shut the magician up forever in the underground garden where he had found the lamp and the ring.

Ferte istum scelestum magum...

Itaque Aladdin jussit eos magum in æternum concludere in horto subterraneo, ubi ipse
lucernam anulumque invenerat.

Ἐνέγκατε τοῦτον τὸν πονηρὸν μάγον...

Ὁ ἄρ' Ἀλαντὶν ἐκέλευσεν αὐτοὺς τὸν μάγον εἰς ἀΐδιον κατακλεῖσαι ἐν τῷ καταγείῳ κήπῳ, ὅπου αὐτὸς τὸ λυχνάριόν τε καὶ τὸν δακτύλιον εὑρήκει.

No!

It is forbidden!

To his astonishment, both the genie of the lamp and the genie of the ring refused! They added that by asking them to take such a wicked person into such a sacred place…

Nequaquam.

Nefas est.

Sed et is lucernæ et anuli genius, illo stupefacto, noluerunt. Aiuntque Aladdinem quasi ab ipsis postulando ut hujusmodi hominem in locum sacrosanctum ferrent...

Μηδαμῶς.

Οὐχ ὅσιόν ἐστιν.

Ἀλλὰ καὶ ὁ τοῦ λυχναρίου δαίμων καὶ ὁ τοῦ δακτυλίου, ἐκπλήξαντες ἐκεῖνον, οὐκ ἠθέλησαν. Καὶ ἔφησαν τὸν Ἀλαντὶν αἰτήσαντα ἑαυτοὺς ἐνεγκεῖν τοιοῦτον ἄνθρωπον εἰς τόπον πανάγιον...

I take back the ring!

I take back the lamp!

...Aladdin had lost the right to command them any more!

Recipio anulum!

Recipio lucernam!

...perdidisse potestatem eis amplius præcipiendi.

Ἀναλαμβάνω τὸ δακτύλιον.

Ἀναλαμβάνω τὸ λυχνάριον.

...ἀποβαλεῖν τὴν ἐξουσίαν τοῦ αὐτοῖς ἔτι ἐπιτάσσειν.

But you are partly excusable..

We will grant one more request!

But they said that because Aladdin had meant no wrong, they would carry the magician anywhere he told them to!

Tu quidem ex parte dignus es venia.

Adhuc semel dabimus quæ rogaveris.

Cum Aladdin malevolus non fuisset, aiunt, se laturos esse magum quonam ipse juberet.

Σύγε κατὰ μέρος συγγνωστὸς εἶ.

Ἔτι ἅπαξ δώσομεν ὧν ἂν δῇ.

Ἐπειδὴ ὁ Ἀλαντὶν οὐ κακόνουν σχοίη, ἔφησαν, οἴσειν τὸν μάγον ὅποι αὐτὸς κελεύσαι.

Very well. To make sure he will never come back…

Aladdin told them to take the magician to the highest, loneliest mountain top in all Africa and place him inside a room cut out of the solid rock, with food and water to last the rest of his life.

Bene habet. Ut autem tutiores fiamus ne ille umquam revertatur...

Aladdin ergo jussit eos, mago ad altissimum desertissimumque totius Africæ summum montem abducto, includere eum in cella ex ipso saxo secata, secum habentem frumentum et aquam ceteræ vitæ ejus.

Καλῶς ἔχει. Ἵνα δ' ἀσφαλισώμεθα μὴ ἐκεῖνός ποτε ἀναστρέφῃ...

Ὁ ἄρα Ἀλαντὶν ἐκέλευσεν αὐτούς, ἀπαγαγόντας τὸν μάγον πρὸς τὸ ὕψιστόν τε καὶ ἐρημότατον πάσης τῆς Ἀφρικῆς ἄκρον ὄρος, κατακλεῖσαι αὐτὸν ἐν οἰκίσκῳ ἐξ αὐτῆς τῆς πέτρας ἐκτετμημένῳ, ἔχοντα μετ' αὐτοῦ τὰ ἐπιτήδεια παρ' ὅλον τὸν βίον.

BOOM!

With Aladdin’s last word, the magician and the two genii vanished. And that was the last ever seen of them.

FRAGOR

Aladdin ideo hæc locutus est, duo autem genii evanuerunt. Enimvero postremum apparuerunt.

ΒΡΟΜΟΣ

Ὁ μὲν οὖν Ἀλαντὶν ταῦτα εἶπεν, τὼ δὲ δαίμονε ἠφανισθήτην. Καὶ γάρ τοι τὸ ὕστατον ἐφανήτην.

Shenoute
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Shenoute »

Hi bedwere!
Just a few questions/suggestions,
bedwere wrote:Aladdin told them to shut the magician up forever in the underground garden where he had found the lamp and the ring.

Itaque Aladdin jussit eos magum in æternum concludere in horto subterraneo, ubi ipse
lucernam anulumque invenit.
invenerat?
bedwere wrote:To his astonishment, both the genie of the lamp and the genie of the ring refused! They added that by asking them to take such a wicked person into such a sacred place…

Sed et is lucernæ et anuli genius, illo stupefacto, noluerunt. Aiuntque Aladdinem quasi ab ipsis postulantem ut hujusmodi hominem in locum sacrosanctum ferrent...
It's probably just me but I don't find that the quasi... clause articulates well with what follows. Maybe Aiuntque Aladdinem, quia ab ipsis postulaverat (...), perdidisse... or Aiuntque Aladdinem, postulando ab ipsis (...), perdidisse...?
bedwere wrote:But they said that because Aladdin had meant no wrong, they would carry the magician anywhere he told them to!

Cum Aladdin malevolus fuisset, se laturos esse magum quonam ipse jussisset.
non malevolus? juberet? Also, "they said" is missing.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Thank you!

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Image 31

Chief courtier, proclaim a decree!

To honor Aladdin and celebrate his daughter’s safe return, the king announced a whoel week of music and feasting.

Princeps aulice, propone edictum!

Rex autem, ad Aladdinem honestandum atque reditum filiæ salvæ celebrandum, pronuntiavit septem dies cum cantibus festos.

Ἀρχιαυλικέ, πρόθες διάταγμα.

Ὁ δὲ βασιλεύς, ὡς τὸν Ἀλαντὶν τιμήσων τε καὶ τὰ τῆς θυγατρὸς καταγώγια ἑορτάσων, ἀπήγγειλεν ἑβδομάδα ἑορτώδη αὐταῖς ᾠδαῖς.

There was dancing in the streets day and night…

Homines igitur saltaverunt noctes et dies in viis...

Οἱ οὖν ἄνθρωποι ὠρχήσαντο νύκτας τε καὶ ἡμέρας ἐν ταῖς ὁδοῖς...

Long live Aladdin and long live his princess!

And every afternoon the royal young couple scattered handfuls of gold coins among the cheering crowds.

Vivat Aladdin in sempiternum et vivat regina ejus!

Cotidie autem tempore pomeridiano novi mariti regnantes spargebant pugillos aureorum in turbas plaudentes.

Ζήτω ὁ Ἀλαντὶν εἰς τὸν αἰῶνα καὶ ζήτω ἡ βασίλισσα αὐτοῦ.

Καθ' ἡμέραν δὲ δείλῃ οἱ νέοι ἀνὴρ καὶ γύνη οἱ βασιλεύοντες διεδίδοσαν δράκας χρυσῶν τοῖς κροτοῦσιν ὄχλοις.

We shall always have enough.

But what they gave to the poor was little compared to the wealth the genie had placed in their treasure vault…

Τanta sufficient nobis semper.

Quae autem egenis dabant pauca erant ad divitias quas genius in thesauro posuerat.

Τοσαῦτ' ἀρκέσει ὑμῖν διὰ παντός.

Τὰ δὲ τοῖς πένησι διδόμενα ὀλίγα ἦν ὡς πρὸς τὸν πλοῦτον ὅσον ὁ δαίμων ἐν τῷ θησαυρῷ ἐτεθήκη.

But if you were poor, I should love you just as much!

...and each knew the treasure was small compared to the joy they shared together. So it was that they lived happily ever after.

Si autem pauper esses, et tantum te amarem.

Et uterque sciebat thesaurum parvum esse ad gaudium inter se commune. Beati ergo semper vixerunt.

Ἐἰ δὲ πένης ἦσθα, καὶ τοσοῦτον ἐφίλουν ἄν σε.

Καὶ ἑκάτερος ᾔδει τὸν θησαυρὸν μικρὸν ὄντα ὡς πρὸς τὴν κοινὴν αὐτοῖς χαράν. Μακάριοι ἄρα διετέλεσαν ζῶντες.

Michael5iLVEr
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Michael5iLVEr »

One question. Why do you use the modern Greek Αλαντίν instead of making an ancient Greek transliteration such as Ἀλαδδίν? I'm really curious. :?
Ἤδη ποτ’ ἐπεθύμησας ἐξαίφνης ἔτνους;
—Ἀριστοφάνους Βάτραχοι

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

If possible, I try to bridge the gap between antiquity and modern times. It seemed to me that Αλαντίν would be acceptable to Greeks of all times.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Image 32

The Donkey and the Ox

How I envy you, long ears! You have a fine stable, lots to eat and little work to do!

Hee, hee, haw! You foolish ox! You could have the same...

Asinus et bos

Quam æmulor te, Aurite! Habes enim pulchrum stabulum et abundantiam pabuli, neque laboras.

Rudo! Bos stulte, posses eadem...

Ὄνος καὶ βοῦς.

Ὡς ζηλοτυπῶ σε, ὦ Οὐατόεις. Ἔχεις μὲν γὰρ καλὸν σταθμὸν καὶ τροφῆς πλῆθος, οὐδὲ πονεῖς

Ὀγκῶμαι. Βοῦς μωρέ, ἐθεραπεύου ἂν ὡσαύτως...

… the same treatment as I have! Just stop working when you are tired; refuse to eat any but the best food..

Oho! That smart donkey will spoil my good ox with such talk, if I don’t stop him!

But the farm owner had a magic hat, which helped him to understand the talk of all animals and he was listening.

eadem te curari et memet. Modo fatigatus desine ab operibus; recusa edere nisi optimum cibum...

Ο, iste callidus asinus, nisi eum inhibuero, hujusmodi sermone corrumpet bonum bovem meum!

Agricola autem, qui vero pileum magicum habebat ad intellegendum omnium bestiarum sermones, auscultabat.

ὡσαύτως καὶ αὐτός. Ἀλλὰ σύγε καμὼν ἂν λῆγε τῶν ἔργων · ἀρνοῦ φαγεῖν εἰ μὴ τὸν ἄριστον σῖτον...

Ὦ, οὗτος ὁ πάνουργος ὄνος, ἐὰν μὴ ἐπίσχω αὐτόν, τοιούτῳ τῷ λόγῳ διαφθερεῖ τὸν καλὸν βοῦν μου.

Ὁ δὲ γεωργός, ὁ μὴν ἔχων πῖλον μαγικὸν τοῦ συνιέναι τοὺς πάντων τῶν θηρίων λόγους, ἤκουεν.

Now we will see..

The next day the donkey was made to plow in place of the ox until he was completely tired out.

Jam intellegemus...

Postridie asinus adactus est pro bove arare ita ut defatigaretur.

Ἤδη ὀψόμεθα...

Τῇ δ' ὑστεραίᾳ ὁ ὄνος ἠναγκάσθη ἀντὶ τοῦ βοὸς ἀροῦν ὥστε ἀποκαμεῖν.

Uhn!

Hello, long ears! I had the day off. But tomorrow I’m not going to work till they give me corn and a fine stable.

That night the donkey was turned out of his table to find his own food but he was too tired to eat.

Heu mihi!

Ave, Aurite! Hodie egi otium. Cras autem non operabor antequam mihi frumentum pulchrumque stabulum data erunt.

Illa quidem nocte asinus ex stabulo sibi pabulandi causa ejectus est. Erat autem lassior quam ut ederet.

Οἴμοι.

Χαῖρε, Οὐατόεις. Σήμερον μὲν σχολὴν ἤγαγον. Αὔριον δ' οὐκ ἐργάσομαι πρὶν ἂν σῖτός τε καὶ σταθμὸς καλὸς δοθῶσί μοι.

Ἐκείνῃ μὲν τῇ νυκτὶ ὁ ὄνος ἐκ τοῦ σταθμοῦ ἐξεβλήθη τοῦ ἑαυτῷ προνομὰς ποιεῖσθαι. Ὁ δὲ μᾶλλον ἐκεκμήκει ἢ ὥστε ἐσθίειν.

Listen! Don’t try anything like that! I heard the farmer saying that if you didn’t work harder that you have been working he would sell you for beef!

Oh no! That would be the end of me!

Attende, ne talem rem tentaveris! Audivi enim agricolam dicentem nisi tu plus laboraveris quam laborasti se venditurum te ut carnem bubulam!

Absit! Alioqui peream!

Πρόσεχε, μὴ πειραθῇς τοιοῦτον. Ἀκήκοα γὰρ τοῦ γεωργοῦ λέγοντος ὅτι ἐὰν μὴ σὺ πλεῖον πονήσῃς ἢ πεπόνηκας πωλήσει σε ὡς κρέα βόεια.

Μὴ γένοιτο. Ἀλλως γε ἀπολλυοίμην ἄν.

Ho, ho, ho! He’s learned his lesson and so has Long Ears!

The next day the ox worked harder than he had ever worked before, glad to be back in harness instead of in the butcher’s shop!

Eho, eho, eho! Ille cepit documentum itemque Auritus!

Postridie bos, lætus se ornamentis instratum cum posset in laniena esse, enixius operatus est quam umquam!

Ὤ, ὤ, ὤ. Ἐκεῖνος σεσωφρόνισται καὶ ὁμοίως ὁ Οὐατόεις.

Τῇ δ' ὑστεραίᾳ ὁ βοῦς ἡδόμενος παρεσκευασμένος ἀντὶ τοῦ ἐν κρεοπωλίῳ εἶναι, μείζονι σπουδῇ ἐργάσατο ἢ πώποτε.

mahasacham
Textkit Member

Post by mahasacham »

Congratulations Bewere,

So you finished this comic and are about to finish the Aesopica. What are you planning next or are you taking a break?

Your work is a highlight of my week and I follow all you compositions and reading. Thank you for all your hard work....keep it up.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Thank you for your kind words and for keeping an eye on this! Now I'm in Lexington, KY, where ἡ ἑλληνικὴ σύνοδος has started. I've identified a comic book about the Knights of the Round Table. As for reading, I'm still undecided. But, in any case, not before August.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Image 34

The land of Aladdin

Terra Aladdinis.

Ἡ χώρα τοῦ Ἀλαντίν.

Africa

Africa

Ἀφρική

Arabia

Arabia

Ἀραβία

Iran

Irania

Ἰρανία

Pakistan

Pakistania

Πακιστανία

India

India

Ἰνδία

Aladdin’s City

Urbs Aladdinis

Ἡ τοῦ Ἀλαντὶν πόλις

Palace carried by the Genie

Regia a genio fertur.

Τὰ βασίλεια φέρεται ὑπὸ τοῦ δαίμονος

N

B

B

Magician’s Home, the stolen palace of Aladdin

Domus magi sive regia Aladdinis furtiva

Oἶκος τοῦ μάγου ἤτοι τὰ βασίλεια τοῦ Ἀλαντὶν κεκλεμμένα

Where Aladdin found the lamp

Ubi Aladdin invenit lucernam

Ὅπου ὁ Ἀλαντὶν ηὗρε τὸ λυχνάριον

Aladdin’s cottage

Casa Aladdinis

Ἡ καλύβη τοῦ Ἀλαντίν

Dreary Forest

Silva tenebrosa

Ἡ σκοτεινὴ ὕλη

Sultan’s Palace

Regia tyranni

Τὰ βασίλεια τοῦ τυράννου

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Nunc potestis, amici, et legere gratis fabulam Aladdinis et emere librum.

Ἔξεστιν ὑμῖν, ὦ φιλέλληνες, καὶ τὸν μῦθον δωρεὰν ἀναγιγνώσκειν καὶ ὠνεῖσθαι βιβλίον.