Second Edition of "Reading Latin"

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
MonkishKarl
Textkit Neophyte

Second Edition of "Reading Latin"

Post by MonkishKarl »

Greetings from the fellow who just posted a bland introduction in the open board.

You probably already know this but for those who don't, it seems Cambridge is preparing a second edition for the Reading Latin set of books. Since almost everyone prefers the second edition of Reading Greek over the first one, hopefully Jones and Sidwell will do something to similar Reading Latin. The new books should be out by June 2015.

The only attraction that Reading Latin has for me is that I've heard it lists the cases as Nom-Acc-Gen-Dat-Abl - the order that makes most sense to me. Otherwise, I'm not really very keen on these overpriced tomes.

For those of you interested in the new editions, here are their ISBNs from Cambridge's website, (and here I pat myself on my back for getting around the URL restriction haha)

Text and Vocabulary 9781107618701
Grammar and Exercises 9781107632264
I haven't been able to find mention a new Independent Study Guide yet.
Hope this helps.
I tend to omit words whilst typing for reasons not yet explained by modern science. Sometimes I type words in the wrong order. I am also prone to mistyping individual letters. Please see an optician if you disagree ;)

naturalphilosopher
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Second Edition of "Reading Latin"

Post by naturalphilosopher »

It looks like they have been postponed until January of 2016. The new independent study guide (isbn 1107615607) won't be released until May.