Ora Maritima: A Latin Story for Beginners

Here you can discuss all things Latin. Use this board to ask questions about grammar, discuss learning strategies, get help with a difficult passage of Latin, and more.
AhnAgain
Textkit Neophyte

Ora Maritima: A Latin Story for Beginners

Post by AhnAgain »

I'm new to the forum, so I'll give a quick introduction to myself. Using Quizlet and Archive.org, I have been teaching myself using Ahn's First Latin and its key. My progress so far-in two months: about an 800 word vocabulary that I'm pretty comfortable with. Ahn's structure appears unusual to me, compared to other text books I've surveyed, in that it spends the first 80 pages focused almost exclusively on noun and adjective declension, and there is very little emphasis on verb conjugation. This he picks up in Ahn's Second Latin. My only complaint has been that the sentences assigned for translation back and forth to Latin are a bit stifled.

Looking for something with more continuity, I discovered Ora Maritima. I'm really enjoying the little stories, but I have no way to check my work with the exercises because I cannot find a key. Does anyone know if a key exists, or does anyone know if someone has taken the time to post a home-made key of some sort? Or are there any Latin Readers out there that do have keys? Thanks for taking the time to read my post, and I look forward to any response.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Ora Maritima: A Latin Story for Beginners

Post by bedwere »

If there is no key, you could build one by posting your answers to all the exercises here. We will correct eventual mistakes.