Colloquia Latine Recitata

Latin after CDLXXVI
Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Colloquia Latine Recitata

Post by Lucus Eques »

Salvete, omnes!

It has been quite a number of years since I have posted, but over the past several months I have managed to collect several Latin pupils, and for them I have begun making videos in Latin to exhibit the conversational language. I then began to think very fondly upon my old colleagues and correspondences here at Textkit, and I thought I might share with you all these current projects. Here is the playlist of Colloquia Latine Recitata, with new videos added daily:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR03Ksp ... 9mUGQ9OVn4

Many of the principles of phonetics I employ in these videos I learned here from linguistics experts, and I recall how I once argued strongly against them on some points (like the nasalization of final -m, among others), but their wisdom won me over in the end.

Valete atque valete!
Last edited by Lucus Eques on Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
L. Amādeus Rāniērius · Λ. Θεόφιλος Ῥᾱνιήριος 🦂

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

rothbard
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Colloquia Latine Recitata

Post by rothbard »

Many thanks for taking the time to make these videos, and for sharing them!

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

You're very welcome! I am working on a new series that I will begin to publish next week once the Conversational Latin videos are completed.

My primary goal with these videos was to demonstrate a rapidness of speech — trippingly off the tongue, as Hamlet might say — characteristic of Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Romanian, among others, which we seldom get to hear in other recordings (including my older ones from many years ago). I have incorporated as best as I could the principles of scansion and elision known to us in poetry, which I believe were examples of the fluidness of the natural, spoken language.

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

rothbard
Textkit Neophyte

Post by rothbard »

I am looking forward to your next videos! I am new to the idea of actually speaking Latin and had been working my way through Traupman's book. Since it didn't come with its recordings, and the CD for sale on Amazon apparently is terrible, I had been making my own recordings just so I could listen to them on the train. Now I'll listen to yours instead.

Elexi
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Elexi »

Thank you ever so much for these videos - I have owned a copy of Traupman for a while but it has just gathered dust - these really bring the dialogues to life. Please keep up with the good work!!

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

Rothbard, thanks for your support! I appreciate it very much. Elexi, I'm very happy if my recordings have been useful! I had a great time recording them.

Here is the penultimate video in the Traupman series (in which I attempt an Irish accent in Latin, haha). Tomorrow will be published the last chapter of dialogues! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9P9EuSOkIs

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

Elexi
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Elexi »

Thanks for finishing Traupman - the whole set is a thing of beauty.

If you do requests - Ordberg's Colloquia Personarum would be near the top of my list :wink:

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

Elexi, it is at the top of my list as well and it is in the works! :) Subscribe to my channel and you'll get updates when they arrive! Thanks for listening to my recordings.

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS