Fabulae Faciles -- Geoffrey Steadman's

Latin after CDLXXVI
Alexander
Textkit Neophyte

Fabulae Faciles -- Geoffrey Steadman's

Post by Alexander »

Hello everyone,

I consider buying Mr. Steadman's version of the Fabulae Faciles. However, I've read on the Amazon review page that the first version of the Fabulae is rather badly edited, so I would like to avoid buying that version.
On the website, it is mentioned that the current version was updated last year.
Link: https://geoffreysteadman.com/ritchies-fabulae-faciles/
On the second page of the pdf, however, '1st Edition, Copyright 2012' does not indicate a revised version. Also, on the Amazon page (amazon.de) 2012 is given as the date of the publication.

Do you know if there is actually a great difference between the first edition and later editions? Further, if I buy a copy on Amazon, do you know if I will get the first edition or a revised edition? Has anyone here recently bought a copy?

All the best, and thanks in advance
Alexander

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Re: Fabulae Faciles -- Geoffrey Steadman's

Post by jeidsath »

Why not email Steadman about this? He’s pretty responsive, and will be able to tell you what version is sold on Amazon. It’s all print-on-demand, so it should be the latest version. But check with him first.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

Alexander
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Fabulae Faciles -- Geoffrey Steadman's

Post by Alexander »

Good idea! I will report back here, in case somebody else is interested in the same question.