Fabulae Latine Versae

Latin after CDLXXVI
rothbard
Textkit Neophyte

Fabulae Latine Versae

Post by rothbard »

In case someone is interested, this book of Latin short stories is now available on lulu.com. The author, Sarah Van der Pas, is a moderator and regular poster on another Latin forum.

The book contains translations into Latin of three short stories by Edgar Allan Poe (The Masque of the Red Death, The Conversation of Eiros and Charmion, Eleonora) and the Gothic novel Vathek by William Beckford, originally written in French. I particularly enjoyed reading the latter, which takes up most of the book, and found it much more engaging than the English translation which is available online.

The book is written entirely in Latin, with plenty of notes at the end, also in Latin, giving some historical and geographical background, as well as bibliographical references.

I just want to add as a disclaimer that I am the unpaid editor of this book and will receive no compensation from any of the sales.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Fabulae Latine Versae

Post by bedwere »

Excellent! When Nick and I are finished with edition 1.1 of the ΛΕΞΙΚΟΝ ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΟΝ, I'll make an order for both.