My Intro

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
eric22star
Textkit Neophyte

My Intro

Post by eric22star »

Hi to you fellow classical language lovers
I retired about a year ago, and now have more time to study a language I've always wanted to master - Ancient Greek. I tend to be a bit unconventional e.g. I always write Greek in capital letters (with accents). I've started working on a mysql database of Greek words, and have most of the basic nouns and adjectives entered. The verbs are still ahead of me. I might be interested in joining a reading group via zoom. I may not be fully ready yet, but would still be interested in taking on Homer's Odyssey, or an Athenian play, or the Bible. Also might like to do some Learning Greek youtube videos some day. The ones I've seen so far are pretty ... well I don't want to offend anyone, so lets just say I hope they could be made more exiting. So I hope I can find a few people to help me with this. And I hope to get to know some of you better soon.
Regards,
-Eric

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: My Intro

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit, Eric!