Hello!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
jcbv
Textkit Neophyte

Hello!

Post by jcbv »

Hello! I'm John. I studied Greek in college about ten years ago, and while I enjoyed it and found it interesting, I never made it past the stage of very slow translation. I remember writing the Greek out, with three lines between, then writing out the definitions of words and their forms and then finally trying to put together a translation.

I've recently had a little success getting comfortable reading in French and it has made me want to come back to Greek and re-learn it using a more extensive (rather than intensive) approach. I'm working through JACT right now, though I'm also looking through LGPSI, Italian Athenaze and I spent a few months learning some basic modern Greek.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Hello!

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit, John!

Daedalus
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Hello!

Post by Daedalus »

I'm in a vaguely similar situation, albeit that I took Latin and at a somewhat less advanced level. French was also a real confidence-booster for me; I can remember taking out a copy of Rousseau's Confessions from my university library back in 2015, expecting to have to spend years on it, and suddenly, one day, it just made sense, and I then completed the book in a day or two. Like a drug-user's first high, I've been trying to achieve the same success with a number of other languages since, and with mixed results.

Anyway, welcome!