My introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Joaquin Santoyo
Textkit Neophyte

My introduction

Post by Joaquin Santoyo »

My name is Joaquin Santoyo,

I live in El Paso TX, I'm 44 years old and currently studying my fifth out of six semesters of Teology at the Catholic Diosesis of El Paso Tx, Being a border town I also study in Cd Jz Chiuh, Mexico, in this Diosesis my instruction is to become a permanent Deacon, and when ever posible to become a Priest.

I do misssions in Juarez and El Paso areas, as well as serving in Sierra Blanca detention center, I'm strongly commited to the study of scriprtures and this is the time where there is the strong need for me to escrutiniate the original documents of that wich founded my faith and religion.

It has been very pleasant to study the modern translated versions of them, but some inner call is guiding me to get to the roots of them, as they are not taught officially in the blocks of study to come in the near future, I decided to take action on my own, and after doing some research on where to go I prefered your site for reasons you are already to familiar to mention.

Hoping to be of service when ever needed, I thank you in advance for all the benefits to receive in this new adventure of the self taught, only known for those who dare with no limits.

For the glory of God and the salvation of man kind
Joaquin Santoyo

little flower
Textkit Member

Re: My introduction

Post by little flower »

hi joaquin
welcome to textkit.im little flower
i hope to become a priest myself some day God willing. I am more into the latin mass (sspx) As scripture says 'The harvest is great but the labourers are few' The needs of this time i believe are primarily faith (semper et ubique) and charity (active ,universal and disinterested). Coupled with these are the supervision of orthodox bishops (those who practise what they preach).
Hope you find what you are looking for here.
Best of luck
little flower

Talmid
Textkit Member

Re: My introduction

Post by Talmid »

Joaquin,

Welcome to Textkit. I too lived in El Paso (1992-2002). I still have family in El Paso. I gained an interest in Greek and Latin as a result of my time studying at Howard Payne University's extension campus in Hawkins Blvd.

Are you at the seminary behind Ft. Bliss?