Movie-making application

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Movie-making application

Post by Lucus Eques »

Hey, everyone!

I'm looking for a simple application to make a slideshow presentation of works of art, which will have narration in the background along with music, preferably in an mpeg format. I'd also like it if this programme allowed me place subtitles to the narration. iMovie can do some of that, but not subtitles I don't believe, and it's rather hefty for something so simple. I'm sure Flash would work, but, sadly, I do not own Flash. I do however have PowerPoint, if it is possible to make such a thing with it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks!
L. Amādeus Rāniērius · Λ. Θεόφιλος Ῥᾱνιήριος 🦂

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

Lucus Eques
Textkit Zealot

Post by Lucus Eques »

Oh yes, I have a Mac (OSX), and I would like to have control over how much time the film dwells on a certain slide.
L. Amādeus Rāniērius · Λ. Θεόφιλος Ῥᾱνιήριος 🦂

SCORPIO·MARTIANVS

William
Textkit Fan

Post by William »

Salve Lucus,

I think Apple's Keynote 3 might work for you. It's part of the iWork suite. I haven't tried it yet, but another graphic designer friend of mine whom I trust likes it better than Powerpoint.

Best,
WB

Carola
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Carola »

My version of Powerpoint (a current one for XP) lets you add sound and music etc - there is a section in the help file. I haven't used the Mac version but I would imagine they are both similar. The XP version can be set to play the music automatically.