It's my first time to introduce myself.

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
isegoria
Textkit Neophyte

It's my first time to introduce myself.

Post by isegoria »

Hello. First of all, Please be generous my poor English.
I'm Isegoria(nickname) and a beginner of Greek and Latin. I live in S.Korea.

I like learning Greek and Latin. but When I transtlate or study them, I usually encounter many difficulties.
(in my case, Greek is more difficult than Latin.)

I'm using <A New Introduction To Greek> as a main textbook and I also refer to other grammar books like Mastronarde, Groton, Luschnig.

I'm very glad to get to know this forum.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: It's my first time to introduce myself.

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit, Isegoria!

Sohtnirybal
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Sohtnirybal »

I, like you, am new in this website. Just want you to ask how long have you being studying greek and latin? Wich one like you the most? in the other hand have you ever try apps to learn, I just tried memrise and I really like it, I could recommend you a course of conversational ancient greek, if you like.

smitterle
Textkit Neophyte

Post by smitterle »

Welcome. I found Greek way more different than Latin, too. Even if the scope is reduced to Classical, I found Latin had a very clear phonetic and morphological structure and most case, aspect and tense concepts were more familiar to me (I am German and had already been learning English). Even the vocabulary was often more accessible due to German loanwords and English.
I just want to encourage you, Greek is a great journey. :)

isegoria
Textkit Neophyte

Post by isegoria »

Sohtnirybal wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:27 am I, like you, am new in this website. Just want you to ask how long have you being studying greek and latin? Wich one like you the most? in the other hand have you ever try apps to learn, I just tried memrise and I really like it, I could recommend you a course of conversational ancient greek, if you like.
Hello. Nice to meet you. 1) I stuided elementary Greek for about a year intermittently at university, but Latin for 3 months by myself. 2) My experience about both languages so far tells Greek is more challenging than Latin. so I like Greek than Latin.
My studying way is somwhat traditional althouh I use Perseus Project. I mainly use printed books, printed lexicons