Hello everyone!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Glorfindel
Textkit Neophyte

Hello everyone!

Post by Glorfindel »

I would like to greet every Greek and Latin geek! :)

My name is Michał (=Michael), I'm from Poland. I graduated in archaeology and now I'm a college student in the second year of classics. I decided to not continue my previous studies because of a new passion which had arised some time ago and made me stay up every night - biblical studies. In education system in my country fields of interests of theological studies and classics are not so strict separated and actually often overlap (for example as a classicist you can focus on patrology or biblical studies). Because of this I have chosen classics - in my opinion it equips a student with my interests with more useful skills from the very beggining (there are a way more language classes and without a doubt it's easier to complement theoretical knowledge than language skills).

It's an early stage of education, so my field of interest is quite wide. But primary I'm interested in pauline studies (not very originally) - most of all the New Perspectives on Paul and rhetorical criticism of Paul's letters. Probably I will write a Bachelor thesis concerning the second topic. From day to day I'm getting interested in textual criticism more, but my knowledge about this is still insufficient to do something real.

Furthermore I'm one of authors on a polish Bible portal "Orygenes+" (which is in the process of maintenance at the moment :P ) and I'm prepairing a course concerning rhetorical analysis and commentary of 1 Thessalonians.

I hope I will find people of simillar interests here and, most importantly, people from which I can learn.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit, Michał!

Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Greetings, Michal, my interests were almost identical to yours when I was starting my classics program farther back in the 20the century than I care to admit...
N.E. Barry Hofstetter

Cuncta mortalia incerta...

Glorfindel
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Glorfindel »

Greetings, Michal, my interests were almost identical to yours when I was starting my classics program farther back in the 20the century than I care to admit...
That's interesting - and how all went on?

Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Glorfindel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 5:56 pm
That's interesting - and how all went on?
It went really well, and doing classics before theology and NT studies was one of the few really right, never have to regret life decisions that I made.
N.E. Barry Hofstetter

Cuncta mortalia incerta...