Εἰμί Δεινόνυσος

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
deinonysus
Textkit Neophyte

Εἰμί Δεινόνυσος

Post by deinonysus »

Hi everyone! I'm a language learning hobbyist. I speak French and German and I've been studying modern Hebrew for the past few months as a false beginner. I've also dabbled in many other languages. I don't usually like to study too many languages at once, but Greek was just too shiny to resist. I thought I'd might as well start at the beginning so I picked up a copy of Pharr's Homeric Greek and I'm already obsessing over it. It's some of the most fun I've ever had learning a language! I've already posted a bit in the Homeric Greek forum and I've gotten some very helpful replies.

My favorite part of the learning process is reading aloud. Ancient Greek is such a beautiful language! It reminds me a lot of the sound of Japanese. I do my best to do an accurate reconstructed pronunciation, including vowel length, the aspiration distinction, and the pitch accent. I've worked on all of these elements separately in the various languages I've dabbled in, although since I'm brand new to Greek I'm sure I have plenty to learn.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Εἰμί Δεινόνυσος

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit!

deinonysus
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Εἰμί Δεινόνυσος

Post by deinonysus »

bedwere wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:02 am Welcome to Textkit!
Thanks!