hi!

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
nealc
Textkit Neophyte

hi!

Post by nealc »

Hi

My name is Neal, I goal is to read Homer. I've read translations for a long time and I've found every time I read them, I get something useful from it. So I started reading Pharr - I liked the style and content, but I found it difficult to use on screen. I've started working on Gavin Betts which I also like very much but I'm not progressing very quickly. So I wanted to participate in this forum and hopefully be able to contribute (one day!) as well as learn from all of you.

Best
-Neal

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: hi!

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit, Neal!

seanjonesbw
Textkit Enthusiast

Re: hi!

Post by seanjonesbw »

nealc wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:11 pm Hi

My name is Neal, I goal is to read Homer. I've read translations for a long time and I've found every time I read them, I get something useful from it.
Hi Neal, welcome to Textkit. There's a reading group for the Odyssey over on the Homeric Greek and Early Greek Poetry board that only started last month you might find useful. We're working through the Odyssey in very small chunks (~20 lines per week) and discussing things we find interesting. Feel free to follow along or join in when you're ready. No question too silly!

Sean