The Bridge at Haverford

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Barry Hofstetter
Textkit Zealot

The Bridge at Haverford

Post by Barry Hofstetter »

Posting here because it's of interest both to Hellenists and Latinists. The Bridge is a flexible and powerful free tool for working with vocabulary. I may have posted this a while ago, but they have recently made (and continue to make) improvements, and add new texts.

https://bridge.haverford.edu/
N.E. Barry Hofstetter

Cuncta mortalia incerta...

Aetos
Textkit Zealot

Re: The Bridge at Haverford

Post by Aetos »

Thanks, Barry
You did mention this a while back and I tried it and liked it, although I discovered it really doesn't work in Internet Explorer; it does work fine in Edge. Call me old-fashioned, but Edge just doesn't appeal to me aesthetically (I know Chrome is an option, but three browsers on one system eats up a bit of disk space), so I forgot about it, until Seneca mentioned it and I decided to give it a go building word lists for the Aeneid and was very impressed. Not only does it render a definition of a word, but gives the difference in sense wherever it's found in the Aeneid, which is very helpful given Vergil's use of the language. Definitely a great tool.