Stitching together Greek phrases (Introduction)

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
LikeTheRiver
Textkit Neophyte

Stitching together Greek phrases (Introduction)

Post by LikeTheRiver »

Hi, I'm a computer arts and animation student currently working on a game based on the ancient Greek afterlife for my fourth year at uni. While I've had a love of ancient Greece and the hellenistic period in particular, I have little to no knowledge of the language, and while most of the dialogue I'll be using will just be English I do want to include some Greek.

I've been trying to cobble together a particular phrase, which I intend to read something along the lines of "forgive me if my speech is confusing", and so far what I have is "βαθύγλωσσος ἀμνησικακέω", which I've just stitched together from online dictionaries. I think the main problem with this is that there's no possessive as in MY language?

Also I don't know if the structure is right, maybe something like "συναρέσκω ἀμνησικακέω βαθύγλωσσος"?

I have a feeling I'm way off the mark anyway, and other forums I've been looking at are more biblically orientated. Let me know if this is the wrong place for these sorts of questions anyway, (would the Learning Greek board be better? All of the posts there seem to be far more advanced than this one and I don't want to be wasting anyones time haha).

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Stitching together Greek phrases (Introduction)

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to the forum. Somebody may help you, but people here are generally focused on reading, doing exercises, or composing.