Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
GuyCad
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by GuyCad »

Hello all, I'm just going to paste in my email to get my account verified. I pretty much covered any relevant personal information. I have many other interests of course, so progress with Greek is slow, but I'm pushing on.

My name is Dan Gilbert. I've had a lifelong interest in history and classical civilization. When I was about 20 I started studying Latin and Koine Greek, but quickly dropped the Greek in favor of Latin. I studied off and on for years, but I can't say I internalized much, but it wasn't entirely wasted time. I can still recognize some things.

Fast forward 20 years and now I'm studying Classical Greek with the intent of having access to the bulk of classical writers. I'm particularly looking forward to Plato and Plotinus, though I'm sure I'll discover plenty of other joys along the way. Eventually I'd like to work to include Koine and look at some Patristic writings and images of original papyri.

I'm a giant bookworm and basically I want to open up the new vistas of possibilities for reading.

I'm currently on chapter 4 of Athenaze, but the way it presents cases is pretty scattershot and I've been surfing for advice on memorizing. I don't necessarily want to just grind through huge tables, but I guess I will if I have to. I just figured someone out there has a good system I can borrow from. I have several other textbooks (physical and digital), but haven't done much exploring there yet. Mostly it's Athenaze and the Teach Yourself as more of a reference and support book.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Introduction

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to Textkit, Dan!