Reprints and lulu.com

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Khemit
Textkit Neophyte

Reprints and lulu.com

Post by Khemit »

Hello everyone,
I am thinking about getting some vintage Greek and Latin textbooks. I know they are all on the public domain, but I would like them in book form. And I am a bit lost: there are several reprints availble, for exemple by Franklin Classics or Wentworth Press. Then there is lulu.com., which basically offers the same titles. What are the differences between the lulu editions and the rest? Could anyone clarify this to me? I just want to make sure not to waste money....
Thank you very much.
Francesco

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Reprints and lulu.com

Post by bedwere »

I have many years of experience with lulu.com. Reprints there are issued by individuals like yours truly who find a pdf, may edit or modify it, and then upload it to tlulu.com to be printed on demand. There is a preview feature you can use to look inside the final product. Franklin Classics and Wentworth Press are companies and use different ways to assemble their products. Needless to say, comparisons should be made on a case-by-case base.

Khemit
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Reprints and lulu.com

Post by Khemit »

Thank you very much. And congratulations for all your projects. You Greek Ollendorff version witk keyes looks very interesting. Thanks again!