Talmid, are you OK?

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Diane
Textkit Neophyte

Talmid, are you OK?

Post by Diane »

I felt the earthquake all the way down here in Long Beach.

Not much, of course, compared to the last big one, but they always make me nervous. Bunches of fours led up to the Northridge quake. And it only takes one rock falling on your head to spoil your day.

(for non locals, I am about 50 miles south of Talmid and about 25 south of 1%homeless. Talmid is at the north tip of the county and I am at the south edge. Used to live a couple of blocks from 1%.)

Talmid
Textkit Member

Post by Talmid »

Still alive and kicking!! LOL.

When I dragged my wife here from Texas 5 years ago, she was afraid of feeling an earthquake. Then when we finally have one, she slept through it and never felt a thing. Same with me. In fact, I haven't felt a single darn earthquake since the '94 Northridge quake (7.1?).

Thanks for checking.

Diane
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Diane »

don't think there has been a noticeable earthquake since the Northridge thing got over. 6.8 it was.

I was living half a block from where they were digging the RedLine tunnel, before it was braced in any way. More than half of the buildings on my block were red tagged.

Now all I have to worry about down here is tsumanies.

Glad that your wife missed the whole thing, hope that she never experiences a bad earthquake.