Answer Key for M&F

Are you learning Latin with Latin: An Intensive Course by Moreland and Fleischer? Here's where you can meet other learners using this textbook. Use this board to ask questions and post your work for feedback.
tempoclavis
Textkit Neophyte

Answer Key for M&F

Post by tempoclavis »

Salvetis,

Since many people have been asking for an answer key, here is a link to one:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/etib9lmbxnwc ... 6mJCa?dl=0

There are answers to all the chapters

Valetis

Bedell
Textkit Neophyte

Re: Answer Key for M&F

Post by Bedell »

At last!

You deserve better of the world, sir, for posting this! :D
nothing should arouse more suspicion than a cross-party consensus - Antidemocritus fl. 2010

Jefferson Cicero
Textkit Member

Post by Jefferson Cicero »

Thank you so much, Tempoclavis!
'Greek had to be simplified, and Latin had to be replaced with Italian, because we barbarians stole so many Greek and Latin words.'

Section IX
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Section IX »

Just registered to thank you for posting this. I just got this book and was having some trouble with some sentences in the first unit.

akratic399
Textkit Neophyte

Post by akratic399 »

This is great but people should be warned that there are numerous errors, so be careful and only use this as a helpful tool to be taken with a degree of skepticism.

e.g., Unit 3, question 24 of the translation exercises they give as "24. If we had not driven the bad men out of the storeroom, we would not have held the fatherland with glory, and now we would be slaves.", but they do not even include that the bad men are driven out with stones and swords. "saxis gladiisque", which is in the Latin, just disappears. There are also many problems throughout with tense and number switches.

Mexico281
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Mexico281 »

akratic399 wrote:This is great but people should be warned that there are numerous errors, so be careful and only use this as a helpful tool to be taken with a degree of skepticism.

e.g., Unit 3, question 24 of the translation exercises they give as "24. If we had not driven the bad men out of the storeroom, we would not have held the fatherland with glory, and now we would be slaves.", but they do not even include that the bad men are driven out with stones and swords. "saxis gladiisque", which is in the Latin, just disappears. There are also many problems throughout with tense and number switches.
hey do you still have the answer key b/c it was deleted

Bedell
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Bedell »

There are a couple of bits of it here - http://www.docstoc.com/search/answer-ke ... dfleischer

Maybe there are more if you have the time to search for them. I have a print-out somewhere, but you'll likely have finished the book by the time I find it. Sorry. :(
nothing should arouse more suspicion than a cross-party consensus - Antidemocritus fl. 2010

Bedell
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Bedell »

I found another key to M&F earlier today. It's reasonably full but not yet complete.

http://individual.utoronto.ca/ajhicks/m ... scher.html

I see someone is selling one on Lulu but so far they're only up to Unit Four.

NeposNaris
Textkit Neophyte

Post by NeposNaris »

Could someone please post an answer key to Moreland and Fleischer since I have not been able to find one. Thank you.

lshowman
Textkit Neophyte

Post by lshowman »

I find the Toronto key (See April 2, 2013 by Bedell) more reliable, though still with errors. This is helpful since Toronto is incomplete.

ÓBuadhaigh
Textkit Member

Post by ÓBuadhaigh »

The link to the key on the first post of this thread is active again - but for how long???

I have downloaded a copy as security against future disappearing acts!
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.