New FGB Key

Use this forum to organize a study group around a specific textbook. Before starting, you might wish to advertise your plan on other forums first.
jaihare
Textkit Zealot

New FGB Key

Post by jaihare »

I'm putting together my own answers to FGB. You can find them here:

http://www.thehebrewcafe.com/greek/fgb

If you can find mistakes, let me know. I'd be happy to have this be a collaborative answer key. But, I'd rather it go at my own pace. I'm working through the book myself at this point.

Hope it looks nice. :)

jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Re: New FGB Key

Post by jaihare »

Is no one using FGB to study Greek anymore? What's going on? Why is this forum dead?

Osterdeich
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Osterdeich »

I have never used the book, but the work you've put into your answer key makes me want to. Nice going so far, jaihare!

Interaxus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Interaxus »

Jaihare,

Kudos for posting your answers!

Now we can compare your version with Rusty Mason's Key, which stops at Ex 425. Can't wait for your answers to the rest of the exercises - 430, 431 ... 734, 736.

Incidentally, I have a scanned copy of the Answer Key (1883) to White's 'First Lessons in Greek', 2nd edition. It provides answers to English-to-Greek exercises. If you want it, let me know.

Cheers,
Int

rustymason
Textkit Fan

Post by rustymason »

Hey, Guys,

I'm up to 475 now and hope to add a few more soon. I was thinking a few Benjamins slipped into my mailbox might get me more motivated, but I'm not counting on it. :-)

Rusty

Sofronios
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Sofronios »

wow its been almost three years since the last post of this thread

but thank you for the link.. I'm currently reading koine greek even though in a slow pace
and I am looking forward to study attic.. any help for self study would be appreciated :D
ὁ δὲ εἶπε· πῶς γὰρ ἂν δυναίμην, ἐὰν μή τις ὁδηγήσῃ με;
Qui ait : Et quomodo possum, si non aliquis ostenderit mihi ?

jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Post by jaihare »

Wow! I really should continue on with that page! Thanks for bringing it up. I'll start working on it again soon.

Montcombroux
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Montcombroux »

Hi jaihare
I too am working on FGB after having made some (slow) progress in Koine with Samuel Green's New Testament Greek. I really value the key you've provided through your rustymason website. The copy I downloaded goes to Ex. 676 and I'm hoping that by the time I reach that point I either won't need a key any more or else you will have finished through to Ex. 736.

Thanks for all your good work!
Michael

Sofronios
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Sofronios »

jaihare wrote:Wow! I really should continue on with that page! Thanks for bringing it up. I'll start working on it again soon.
It would be nice.. I already finished the lesson and check my answer to yours.. up to XVIII.. really helpful.. :D
ὁ δὲ εἶπε· πῶς γὰρ ἂν δυναίμην, ἐὰν μή τις ὁδηγήσῃ με;
Qui ait : Et quomodo possum, si non aliquis ostenderit mihi ?

Montcombroux
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Montcombroux »

I too am working on White's First Greek Book, using the Rusty Mason key, which for some reason stops at 688. I am only at 191 and I am hoping that by the time I reach Lesson LXXIV I'll be able to cope without the key. When I searched to find where I first located the key I drew a blank. Does anyone know if a key for the entire book has been completed. I'm sure there would be more than just me offering thanks.
In parallel, I am reading the Loeb Xenophon to provide background to the course.
Michael
Last edited by Montcombroux on Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Montcombroux
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Montcombroux »

A few days ago I posted a comment to this thread. I received a message saying my post would be reviewed and I would be contacted when it's posted. None of this has happened. Is it normal for several days to elapse before seeing one's post, or has something malfunctioned?
Thanks
Michael

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

Moderation should be faster going forward. There are some posts in the Open Forum about it.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

RLiantonio
Textkit Neophyte

Post by RLiantonio »

I would be very interested in the scanned copy of the Answer Key you mentioned. Let me know how I can get it from you. If you could maybe post a Dropbox link or something of the like, that would be awesome. Thanks!!!
Interaxus wrote:Jaihare,

Kudos for posting your answers!

Now we can compare your version with Rusty Mason's Key, which stops at Ex 425. Can't wait for your answers to the rest of the exercises - 430, 431 ... 734, 736.

Incidentally, I have a scanned copy of the Answer Key (1883) to White's 'First Lessons in Greek', 2nd edition. It provides answers to English-to-Greek exercises. If you want it, let me know.

Cheers,
Int

Interaxus
Textkit Enthusiast

Post by Interaxus »

RLiantonio:

Here you are:

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Public?pre ... 1_KEY.pdf

Hope this works. You can always copy this address into Google to get at the file.

Int

bedwere
Global Moderator

Post by bedwere »

Not working for me.

jaihare
Textkit Zealot

Post by jaihare »

bedwere wrote:Not working for me.
Yeah, that link doesn't work for me, either. It takes me to my own public folder on Dropbox. I think he needs to fix the link.