Introduction

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Flynn0423
Textkit Neophyte

Introduction

Post by Flynn0423 »

Salvete, nomen mihi est Flynn! I'm excited to use a forum with so many people also interested in Latin. I still don't know many Latin words, but I have a decent grasp of the grammar rules. I hope to improve my Latin skills by talking to others in and/or about the language. I've always like Greek myths, so I might take that up too.

bedwere
Global Moderator

Re: Introduction

Post by bedwere »

Welcome to the forum!

Villanelle
Textkit Member

Post by Villanelle »

Flynn0423 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:02 am Salvete, nomen mihi est Flynn! I'm excited to use a forum with so many people also interested in Latin. I still don't know many Latin words, but I have a decent grasp of the grammar rules. I hope to improve my Latin skills by talking to others in and/or about the language. I've always like Greek myths, so I might take that up too.
Hi Flynn,

What Latin textbooks on Grammar are you using? And are there any writers of Latin you have a particular interest in?

Cheers.
Villanelle

Flynn0423
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Flynn0423 »

Villanelle wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:14 am
Hi Flynn,

What Latin textbooks on Grammar are you using? And are there any writers of Latin you have a particular interest in?

Cheers.

I've recently began using Latin For Beginners by Benjamin D'ooge. I'm still incredibly new to learning Latin and started learning it on Duolingo a few months ago out of boredom, but have grown rather fond of the language, so I've started using better resources to learn it. My knowledge of Latin is still very limited, so I don't really have an interest in a particular writer, but would love to get into reading Latin works.