Pete's Intro

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Shakuhachi
Textkit Neophyte

Pete's Intro

Post by Shakuhachi »

I have been here before but have no idea about my username or password. So I registered again.

I love languages but have a limited capacity to learn them. In my 68 years I have dabble din Latin, Italian, Greek, Spanish. Sanskrit, Chinese and Hebrew. I think that is all. My best progress has been in Spanish and Latin.

So I am primarily here for Latin. My progress has been so sporadic it is difficult to determine what level I am at. On a scale of 1 to 10, 1=beginner, 10=fluent, I am probably about 4.

I also play classical guitar, shakuhachi and bansuri flute. I am probably same level with them. What I have found is patience. Even at such a low lever of proficiency I can still enjoyments and continue to slowly learn.

My method has been reading the Psalms. I am pretty familiar with them in English. They are short sentences. And so not too difficult. I can build my vocabulary.

Ok, probably more than anyone cares to know.
I am glad to be back

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Re: Pete's Intro

Post by jeidsath »

Welcome. If you know what old email that you might used, I can probably find and unify the accounts. (I did find it, actually. From 2003!)
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

Shakuhachi
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Shakuhachi »

That's great. Thanks 2003! Wow.

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

I'm afraid that I was incorrect about merging the accounts. (I would need to install an extension.) Your old one is: Pietro, and I have set its email and password to match your new account. Feel free to use whichever you would like.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

Shakuhachi
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Shakuhachi »

ok, thanks