perseus

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
Constantinus Philo
Textkit Zealot

perseus

Post by Constantinus Philo »

perseus functions badly for the fifth chapter book seven of Cyr. Can it be remedied?
Semper Fidelis

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Re: perseus

Post by jeidsath »

Same issue (I think) that I mentioned in the other thread. Do something that sets a cookie (for example, click on text chunked by chapter on the left) before going to the fifth chapter of book seven.

Or...use it as an excuse to spend some time reading without the clicky-lookup on a pdf and notice your Greek improving.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

paveln
Textkit Member

Post by paveln »

Montcombroux
Textkit Neophyte

Post by Montcombroux »

I am currently using Perseus to help with reading the Odyssey Books 6-8. A couple of days ago it started acting funny, the word study tool would work but the program would not advance to the next page. Is anyone else having this problem or is it solely me and my computer?
Michael

paveln
Textkit Member

Post by paveln »

Montcombroux wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:01 am I am currently using Perseus to help with reading the Odyssey Books 6-8. A couple of days ago it started acting funny, the word study tool would work but the program would not advance to the next page. Is anyone else having this problem or is it solely me and my computer?
Michael
Perseus is often not working for me these days either. And even the word study tool often writes to me:

An Error Occurred
Sorry, we were unable to load the page you were looking for!