Double-book practice

Textkit is a learning community- introduce yourself here. Use the Open Board to introduce yourself, chat about off-topic issues and get to know each other.
jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Double-book practice

Post by jeidsath »

I wouldn't mind conducting regular morning (US Central Time) video sessions to practice double-book in Greek (maybe a bit of Latin too).

The way I see a call going would be for us to pick something that we're comfortable with, translate it to English aloud (taking notes), and then translate it aloud back into Greek (taking notes). Then we'll compare again with the original. We could post battle reports to a thread in the Agora.

I don't think that there needs to be any skill level threshold. Everyone is free to contribute what they can, and I suspect that it will be the sort of thing where beginners can have fun sitting in on and watching the people with some experience making blunders (you can watch me making blunders at the very least).
Idea originally from here
Show
Whoever sends me a PM first gets to pick the time of the first session.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

Joel Eidsath -- jeidsath@gmail.com

Constantinus Philo
Textkit Zealot

Re: Double-book practice

Post by Constantinus Philo »

ok im in
Semper Fidelis

Villanelle
Textkit Member

Post by Villanelle »

Me too depending on time and day of the week.

Cheers.
Villanelle

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

We'll give it a try today (4/18) at 10am Central Daylight Time (UTC-5) on Skype, assuming we can get technical issues worked out. Please add joel_eidsath as a contact on Skype and let me know that you'd like to join.
“One might get one’s Greek from the very lips of Homer and Plato." "In which case they would certainly plough you for the Little-go. The German scholars have improved Greek so much.”

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

Fun. We are going to make this a daily thing at 10am CDT (UTC-5), for anyone who wants to join.

Notes thread: https://www.textkit.com/greek-latin-for ... p?p=224827

varnenas
Textkit Neophyte

Post by varnenas »

Hi! Is it still possible to join in?

jeidsath
Textkit Zealot

Post by jeidsath »

Sure. I've added you on Skype.